From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:11:31 GMT
Hi Roddie,

2013/6/19 Roddie Kieley <>

> Hi folks, just wanted to say a quick hello after hearing about Celix
> from Jamie Goodyear, of Karaf, when he mentioned it during one
> of our study group meetings recently where the subject was OSGi.

Welcome to Celix! An extra pair of eyes is always welcome!

> At the moment I'm looking at spending some time developing
> Celix as I'd like to use it to manage the lifecycle and modularization
> of a back-end game server I've been working on the last little
> bit. As such, I've made some first minor changes to the
> CMakeLists.txt files adding a few lines to a few of the list files
> so that the included headers would show up properly in the
> generated Xcode project, which is my tool of choice at the
> moment. See attached for a patch if it's of any interest.

Did you perhaps forget to attach the patch? Either way, the preferred
method for patches/issues is our Jira project at [1]. If you could create
one or more issues over there and attach the patches I will take a look and
see if there are any problems wrt Eclipse etc.

Out of curiosity, you are using XCode? Does it handle C properly? If so, I
think it would be a nice addition to our supported IDE's!

> Looking forward to hearing more about the upcoming
> mini-hackathon and where I could potentially focus my
> efforts to best help the community.

Do you have any specific area where your interests are? I guess/hope that
the hackathon will focus on Remote Services. Another area which is rather
new, but also interesting, is Native-OSGi and the specification work we
want to start on. See [2] and [3] for some more info.

Thanks for your interest!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis