From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 06:13:37 GMT

2013/6/26 Roddie Kieley <>
> To customize the setup I ended up using 'ccmake .. -GXcode' to use the
> ncurses interface and turned all the 'BUILD_*' items to 'ON'. Note that I
> also have had MacPorts on my machine for quite some time so using the
> configure option it found most everything it required - see
> for a screenshot of page 1 of the ncurses ccmake
> interface.

The default way to create the project/make files is to use ccmake, so the
use of the ncursus is actually intended to enable/disable parts. I thought
the website was already updated for this, but it is actually really
outdated! The BUILDING file is up to date and explains the process detailed
enough (imho) [1]. I'll raise a bug for the lacking documentation on the

There is one difference wrt how you build, the described method has a build
directory on the same level as the project directory, eg a "celix-build" in
the same directory as the "celix" directory. The reason for this has to do
with how Eclipse handles projects/binaries/sources etc. Is this a problem
for XCode, or does this work as well? If so, I can easily extent the
BUILDING file with an additional line for the Xcode support.

> At that point it was just a matter of generating and opening up the
> resultant Celix.xcodeproj to do a build. Pretty sure at this point
> everything else worked as it should.
Good to hear! I am more and more convinced that CMake was to right tool to
start with. Make support, Eclipse project files generation, Visual Studio
project files generation, and now also XCode support :D.

> > Alexander Broekhuis

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis