From Pepijn Noltes <>
Subject [DISCUSS] next Celix release
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 20:19:44 GMT
Hi All,

Last week Alexander & I met f2f to talk about a next Celix release. We
talked about what improvements we think is needed for the next
release, what version number we think the the next release should have
and if we want to release the whole project or just a set of sub

Concerning the improvements, I added a list of issues which we
currently have planned for the next release. I think this also covers
earlier discussion we had on the mailing list. If I missed something
or you have a additional request, please feel free to reply to this

CELIX-69 Check for win32 (visual studio) support
CELIX-68 Check for memory leaks
CELIX-67 Check for dependency manager usage
CELIX-66 Refactor shell service struct
CELIX-65 add bonjour support for Remote Service Admin
CELIX-64 Add support for ccputest
CELIX-63 make cmake directory useable for custom bundle projects
CELIX-62 rename suffix of pointer type from _t to _pt
CELIX-61 use apr calls instead of malloc, free, pthreads, etc
CELIX-60 Support framework embedding

see JIRA [1] for the detailed descriptions of the issues.

We also discussed a version number and although Celix does not - yet -
cover the whole core OSGi specification; we think Celix offers enough
- feature wise - as a (micro) service framework for C to consider a
1.0 release.
That said we are unsure whether we first should create a 0.9 release,
and from there work to 1.0 release, or directly go for a 1.0 release.
Comments on this are welcome :)

Lastly we discussed if we want to release everything (framework,
remote services, device access, dependency manage, etc) or a subset of
the Celix project. I think it is preferable to release "just" the
framework, log_writer, log_reader, shell and shell_tui bundle. This
way we can focus our time more and these parts for a stable, more
mature release. Any thoughts on this? Also how to technically achieve

View raw message