From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: Remote service transport system
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 10:23:01 GMT

For the implementation I plan to completely remove mongoose from the
> RemoteServiceAdmin and make the RSA use a Transport service, which should
> be a new bundle to take care of the whole transport of the data. I will
> post a more detailed plan on this as soon as I have selected the message
> queue/transport system.

Sounds good! If you start working on this, do you intend to post everything
as patches? If so, could you please create jira issues for the work? This
way we can keep track of the changes for a coming release.

Looking forward to the plan! Don't hesitate to post it early, this gives
more people an opportunity to comment and be involved with the work.

> For a "configuration-less" solution either TCP or ZeroMQ would work since
> they don't need a broker running. ZeroMQ does need the library to be on
> the system running the RSA but installing is takes about 7 steps. The
> other systems all have a broker or some other application that needs to be
> running on a system to handle the queue's.

Let's wait on some feedback regarding the licensing issues.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis