From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2013 ([ppmc])
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:34:05 GMT
Comments inline :)

2013/4/10 Pepijn Noltes <>
> Celix
> Celix is an OSGi like implementation in C with a distinct focus on
> interoperability between Java and C.
> Celix has been incubating since 2010-11-02.
> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>   1. Grow a community
>   2. Find more committers
>   3. ..
> Celix is maintained by 2 committers and a small group of users. Questions
> to the mailing list are (most of the time) answered quickly. We are also
> trying to give talks on Celix or related stuff on conferences.
> We see and recognise the problem of the small community, but are also
> confident that Celix and its community will grow.
> Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
> of?
> None.
> There is no active growth, but there are currently two students doing their
> internship with Apache Celix and we are trying hoping to get some projects
> in the Google Summer of Code 2013. We hope that this will lead in more
> activity on the mailing-list and hopefully extra committers.
I've only seen one person on the mailing list. Following "if it isn't on
the list, it didn't happen" I would be a little cautious mentioning both.

> Technically progress has been slow the last months, although we expect more
> contributions in the coming months.

Breaking my own sentence above...
* There was a remote services hackaton, although not directly related to
Celix, it is still the idea to be able to connect the Celix RSA with Java
* I am working on Native-OSGi, but probably should write a dedicated email
about this...

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis