From Gerrit Binnenmars <>
Subject Release request and coding standards
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:13:18 GMT
Hello all,

Since a few months we (Thales) are working on "machine services" using
the device access bundle in Celix.
I am quite impressed by the amount of work done in the Celix framework.

Recently I had a code review of this machine service implementation and
had a few questions on the coding convention.
Can someone tell me which standard is used for Celix?

Especially, I am wondering why a lot of typedefs are defined as pointer
to struct.
In the functions that use such a typedef parameter a double indirection
is needed. This is not obvious from the code and not visible in the name
of the type.
Is it an idea to use _pt if the typedef is actually a pointer?

The only exceptions to the used convention are:
  celix_status_t which is not a pointer.
Shall we also change these last two?

Another issue, although not that important: Most files use the Linux
linefeed convention but a few files are Windows file (with carriage
For example: celixbool.h + framework_exports

Final question: is there any plan for a new release? This would be
helpful to start using Celix in a product.

With kind regards,

Gerrit Binnenmars

View raw message