From Mohammad Nour El-Din <>
Subject Re: celix example under windows
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 20:00:46 GMT

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
Apologies for any typos
On Feb 4, 2013 9:53 AM, "Marcel Offermans" <>
> Hello Alexander,
> On Feb 4, 2013, at 9:25 , Alexander Broekhuis <>
> > 2013/2/1 Marcel Offermans <>
> >
> >> Would it make sense to do a new release?
> >
> > I would like to say yes, but there are still some problems running on
> > windows. I would like to do some more testing etc. Having a release
> > specifically for windows which doesn't work isn't a good idea imho.
> >
> > I find it quite tricky, and am not sure what is the best way to go.. Not
> > having a release which supports windows might scare off users, but
having a
> > release which compiles, but doesn't run could as well scare new users
> >
> > I do hope Lionel gets it working, and we can fix the problems he finds.
> > all seems to be pretty good, I am in favor of a new release.
> Agreed, I was initially under impression that you already had the trunk
working on Windows, but I agree that it makes sense to hold off a release
until we do.
> So, as a "mini roadmap" we probably agree that it makes sense to work
towards a next release that "works on Windows".
> > On a side note, there aren't many tests in Celix. This makes it
> > to check if all works on Windows. I am working on unit tests for the
> > framework, but having integration tests might be even more important.
> I agree, and maybe it also makes sense to try and setup some continuous
build on Jenkins. I have no clue if Jenkins supports C projects, or how
other C/C++ projects at Apache approach this, but that might be worth
inquiring about.

I think you can do it with Jenkins as at least you can make the build job
run a build script, but I believe that the other CI options might be
better, openejb for example uses buildbot

Let me have a look at that and come back to u as soon as I get to something