From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: celix example under windows
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 09:01:48 GMT
2013/2/4 Marcel Offermans <>

> Hello Alexander,
> > I do hope Lionel gets it working, and we can fix the problems he finds.
> If
> > all seems to be pretty good, I am in favor of a new release.
> Agreed, I was initially under impression that you already had the trunk
> working on Windows, but I agree that it makes sense to hold off a release
> until we do.

I have it working, but there are some issues with shutting down a running
framework. Also, seeing the problems Lionel has, it might as well be a case
of "it works on my machine". So some more testing would be a pre.

> So, as a "mini roadmap" we probably agree that it makes sense to work
> towards a next release that "works on Windows".

I agree.

> > On a side note, there aren't many tests in Celix. This makes it difficult
> > to check if all works on Windows. I am working on unit tests for the
> > framework, but having integration tests might be even more important.
> I agree, and maybe it also makes sense to try and setup some continuous
> build on Jenkins. I have no clue if Jenkins supports C projects, or how
> other C/C++ projects at Apache approach this, but that might be worth
> inquiring about.

I have done some work on setting up Celix on the Apache build server. This
has never been fully completed. I'll look it up and see if we can get it

> Greetings, Marcel

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis