From "Lionel BELLER" <>
Subject RE: celix example under windows
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:31:31 GMT
Thanks a lot for the quick response.

I’m using the celix release, the one directly downloadable on the site. I
have tried to get the celix on the trunk, but there was some SVN connection
issues.  I haven’t really looked into it.

Anyway I have managed to compile the released version, with few changes. And
now by commenting the line in the CMakeLists.txt, CMake generation works. I
just have to fix the few compilation problems with Visual Studio 2005
(missing headers, C99 compliance…), and it should be fine.

Thank you.

De : Alexander Broekhuis []
Envoyé : vendredi 1 février 2013 10:22
À :
Objet : Re: celix example under windows

Thanks for your interest in Celix (on Windows).

Are you using the Celix release? Or a recent trunk? The trunk should
compile/run on windows, the 0.0.1 release doesn't. Also on trunk the build
system should check for the availability of gtk, but this hasn't been
checked extensively.

To work around this, you can simply disable the gtk examples. This can be
done by editing the CMakeLists.txt file in te examples directory. Commenting
out the "add_subdirectory(osgi-in-action/chapter04-paint-example)" line
should be enough.

If this doesn't work, please let me know, and I'll take a look into it.

Altogether windows support is rather new, and I welcome reports on any
problems you run into.