From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject January board report
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:54:26 GMT
Hi all,

Hereby the board report for january. Any updates/comments are welcome!

Celix is an OSGi like implementation in C with a distinct focus on
interoperability between Java and C.

Celix has been incubating since 2010-11-02.

  1. Grow a community
  2. Find more committers
  3. ..

Celix is maintained by 2 committers and a small group of users. Question to
the mailing list are (most of the time) answered quickly. We are also
trying to give talks on Celix or related stuff on conferences.
We see and recognise the problem of the small community, but are also
confident that Celix and its community will grow. Especially the
Native-OSGi work might be important for this (see below).

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware

There is no active growth, but in the past few months talks have been given
on Native-OSGi. Native-OSGi is an effort to standardise C/C++
implementations of OSGi. The goal of this is to be able to reuse bundles
from other OSGi like implementations. Also working together might attract
more users/committers. The talks are attended by a good group of people,
and reactions are positive.

A first release has been made. After struggling with several
problems, consensus has been reached to solve these in a next release.
On a technical note, Celix now also compiles and runs on Win32 platforms.

Please check this [ ] when you have filled in the report for Celix.

Marcel Offermans: [ ](celix)
Karl Pauls: [ ](celix)
Roman Shaposhnik: [ ](celix)

The report template is generated from the status page. That one still lists
Luciano as mentor. I'll update that page to include Roman. Also Pepijn
still needs to be listed as committer.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis