From liu hf <>
Subject Re: framework use some unix's function, not apr
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 02:13:47 GMT

  Now, I have compiled utils, framework, log_service modules successfuly.
so it not difficult. except dlopen and dlsym. I will study apr_dso_xxx,
then thinking celix's dlopen and dlsym.

best regards.
==========reference============= Re: framework use some unix's function,
not apr
作者:Alexander Broekhuis
 From:Alexander Broekhuis (

Admittedly a lot of work, but probably not that difficult.

Definitely not difficult, and some code has already been updated. But still
a lot of work.

Also, the use of dlopen and dlsym is a little bit more tricky, Celix relies
on "local" loading of the libraries. But APR doesn't support passing these
arguments.. This can easily be fixed by using a ifdef windows, ifdef linux

Did anyone raise such a feature request in the APR project, or am I now
proposing something impossible? After all, the Apache web server, one of
the biggest users of APR, runs on Windows as well.

There have been some discussions on this in the past, I would need to
search for the threads. But I think one of the main reasons is that windows
doesn't support passing any options at all. Not sure what the impact of
this is on Celix..

Exactly, patches would be very helpful in this area. I also remember that
Microsoft offers support in porting Apache projects to Windows (or at least
they did) by offering licenses of their development tools. I'm not exactly
sure how to get them anymore, but as a mentor I can definitely ask around
if anyone is interested?

I do have the licenses, so testing/applying patches is no problem for me.
The process was fairly simple, if needed I can lookup the mail thread
describing it.

-- Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis