From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Generated Manifest files
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:34:46 GMT
Hi all,

At this moment the MANIFEST file is a required file as part of building a
bundle. I've been looking into some way to generate this.
I'd like to add the following solution to the CMake scripts:

In the packaging macro a template is used to replace markers
with the correct info:
 * Bundle-SymbolicName -> Defaults to the library/bundle name, can be
 * Bundle-Version -> Defaults to a generic BUNDLE_VERSION set in the top
level cmake file, can be overridden
 * library -> Is the library/bundle name, cannot be overridden

Fields can be overridden in the Bundle/Library its own CMake file.
Additional fields can also be specified in there. For example:

SET(BUNDLE_VERSION 0.0.1-incubation)
bundle(log_service SOURCES .... )

This will create a bundle "log_service" with a library "log_service". The
following manifest will be created:

Bundle-SymbolicName: Log Service
Bundle-Version: 0.0.1-incubation
library: log_service
Test: TEST
Bla: bla

Using this solution makes it possible to delete the MANIFEST files, and as
a result, all information for building a bundle is in the CMake file. I
think this makes it easier to create bundles. For simple bundles the
defaults are enough and no specific headers are needed.

What do you all think?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis