From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Working towards a next release
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 14:49:04 GMT
Hi all,

Even though the first release hasn't been accepted, I do like to know what
a next release should fix or implement.

The first release was done mostly for creating a release. This is important
for the incubator, but maybe even more to get peoples attention. Having a
release makes it easier to try/test Celix.
But for the next release I think we can focus more on the content of the
release. Some topics I can think of:

* Finish APR usage in the framework. APR is already being used for the most
part of the framework, but still not all code has been updated.
* APR usage in bundle can also be updated. Some bundles do use it, but most
not yet.
* Remote Services implementation needs work. Things like protocol usage,
pluggable solution for different protocols, tests etc.

Besides technical stuff, there are also some other things we should start
* Track issues in Jira
  In the past we did use Jira for some bugs/issues, but mostly ignored it
when working on the source. For a next release I think we should start
using Jira to keep track of progress and a changelog.
* Update documentation
  We need more documentation, on building and using Celix, but also on the
design/implementation as well ass release guides etc.

Any/All ideas are welcome! Nothing has been decided, so all options are

Just a reminder, if the first release needs to be redone, a new release
will be made with the current state of the code. So "next release"
doesn't necessarily mean 0.0.2 or even 0.0.3...

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis