From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: framework use some unix's function, not apr
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 17:03:13 GMT

Thanks for your interest in Celix! Sadly the code base currently only works
on Linux based systems (including Mac OSX).

The main reason for this is that currently no developer uses windows as
target platform. We have been working on supporting VS, but there still is
some work which needs to be done.

The two biggest issues are:
* Use APR everywhere
* Change code to C90
  The current codebase is c99, while VS only supports C90. Most work will
go into moving variables to the top of a block since c90 doesn't support
variable declaration anywhere...

Also, the use of dlopen and dlsym is a little bit more tricky, Celix relies
on "local" loading of the libraries. But APR doesn't support passing these
arguments.. This can easily be fixed by using a ifdef windows, ifdef linux

But we do like to have Celix working on Windows as well, so I am willing to
help with the implementation (though my time is limited) and if there are
any patches they will probably be committed pretty fast.

2012/11/24 liu hf <>

> Hi,
>   I'm new to celix, and want to compile it on windows use vs2010. But find
> the framework.c use dlsym, dlerror, unix special function. Why not use
> apr_dso_load, apr_dso_sym? I miss something?
> best regards.
> liuhf

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis