From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: framework use some unix's function, not apr
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 09:07:11 GMT

> Admittedly a lot of work, but probably not that difficult.

Definitely not difficult, and some code has already been updated. But still
a lot of work.

> > Also, the use of dlopen and dlsym is a little bit more tricky, Celix
> relies
> > on "local" loading of the libraries. But APR doesn't support passing
> these
> > arguments.. This can easily be fixed by using a ifdef windows, ifdef
> linux
> > etc..
> Did anyone raise such a feature request in the APR project, or am I now
> proposing something impossible? After all, the Apache web server, one of
> the biggest users of APR, runs on Windows as well.

There have been some discussions on this in the past, I would need to
search for the threads. But I think one of the main reasons is that windows
doesn't support passing any options at all. Not sure what the impact of
this is on Celix..

> Exactly, patches would be very helpful in this area. I also remember that
> Microsoft offers support in porting Apache projects to Windows (or at least
> they did) by offering licenses of their development tools. I'm not exactly
> sure how to get them anymore, but as a mentor I can definitely ask around
> if anyone is interested?

I do have the licenses, so testing/applying patches is no problem for me.
The process was fairly simple, if needed I can lookup the mail thread
describing it.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis