From Pepijn Noltes <>
Subject Board report
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 19:19:38 GMT
Hi All,

It's time for the board report. Below is the report for October, please
comment on it!
We are a bit late with the report, so if you have any comments please add
as soon as possible.

Celix is an implementation of the OSGi Specification in C.

Celix entered incubation on November 2, 2010.

Over the last months we have focused on creating a first release for Celix.
As is mentioned in the graduation plan [1] we hope that a release will
more community.
We have prepared the code base and website for release and we are very
close to making a release.

The previous report [2] mentioned that we are working on a "Native-OSGi",
which could attract more community.
This work continued in Juli, but has come to a halt in August/September.
Hopefully the progress will increase
after a release has been made.

* Most important issues to address before we can graduate:
Make a first release, growing the community and attracting more

* Any issues the Incubator PMC or ASF board not te be aware of:
None at this time

* How has the community developed since the last report:
There has been a small decrease on activity on the mailing list, hopefully
this is a temporary decrease due to the holidays. We did receive patches
from a contributor.

* How has the project developed since the last report:
We are still working towards a first release. The code base has been
prepared for release and the website got some attention
based on the shepherd's view from last report.