From Marcel Offermans <>
Subject Re: Celix: A Shepherd's View
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:12:11 GMT
On Jul 10, 2012, at 4:24 AM, "Franklin, Matthew B." <> wrote:

> Sorry for the late shepherd notes, but I have reviewed the Celix community
> and it looks like the Celix community is continuing to progress, albeit slowly.
> A couple of notes:
> 1) I would recommend trying to accelerate release plans.  It takes a lot of work
> up front, but cutting releases is a critical part of incubation.  After 2 years , I
> would think you should have been able to make at least one release.

I will add my comments to the "Preparing code base for a release" thread.

> 2) I would also recommend looking at the branding guidelines[1].  The website
> seems to be missing a couple of things (like links to Apache homepage
> [1]

Guys, please review these guidelines. I compared them with the current site and found the
following issues:

1) The download page does not contain a one line description of the project.

2) The following required links are missing from the main navigation bar:
    a) License
    b) Sponsorship
    c) Thanks
    d) Security
    e) ASF Homepage (which is featured on the About page, but that is not enough)

3) Trademark attributions should include Apache Celix

4) Add a small "TM" symbol to the project logo and add the right trademark attribution

5) Create a DOAP file for Celix

I suggest someone creates some Jira tickets for these issues and fixes them. It would be nice
if we could get this done before the next report!

Greetings, Marcel

View raw message