From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: Preparing code base for a release
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:17:40 GMT

Maybe not mentioned explicitly before, but I think it makes sense to do
only a source release of Celix.

Things I have done:
> * Update all headers (license and source headers) to the correct format.
>   This includes replacing all personal names with a reference to the Celix
> Project Team.
> * Removed the Eclipse files (project and launch files.
>   These files are not portable enough to be added to the repo.
>   I've tested the CMake project file generation, this works but.. see some
> remarks in a previous email.
> * Created the LICENSE file
>   This needs some extra checking. As far as I can tell I have added all
> license for specific files we use in the codebase.
> * Created the KEYS file
>   For signing the release a key is needed, I created one for myself and
> added it to the KEYS file.

* Added the DISCLAIMER file
* Added the NOTICE file
* Updated BUILDING

As far as I can tell the repository now contains all required files. Can
anyone check this?

A question concerning encryption:
The zip files used support decryption, the header mentions:

  The encryption/decryption parts of this source code (as opposed to the

  non-echoing password parts) were originally written in Europe.  The

  whole source package can be freely distributed, including from the USA.

  (Prior to January 2000, re-export from the US was a violation of US law.)

Does Celix need to make an additional notice somewhere about this?

Is there anything else missing? Or should I go on and create a RC tag and
release file?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis