From Pepijn Noltes <>
Subject Re: Celix 0.0.1 release and Native-OSGI
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:19:10 GMT
>>> * Small updates to CMake files
>>>   Currently several libraries are used directly, ie not via a
>>> Find{LibName}. For these libraries a Find{LibName} module has to be written.
>>>   Libraries that I know of; OpenSLP and Jansson
>> Still should be done. With the better build system, and the information now
>> on the website, it is much clearer what subprojects have what dependencies.
>> Fixing the Find modules is needed to get thinks working correctly.
>> Especially if some library is missing.
>> Do any of you see other blocking items for a first release? If not, this is
>> a fairly limited list of items we need to do. Some help with this would be
>> really great!
> I'm willing to take up the Find libraries work. I'm still not very
> experienced with CMake so this gives me a excuse
> to remedy that ;)
> I will post an update if have some work done.

Updated the build system. Added a FindJansson and FindSlp module and
adjusted the bundles using those libraries.
I noticed that "make install" install to unwanted files for bundles. I
will try to fix that the coming days.

I noticed some things when installing Apache Celix ("make install"):
1) For bundles unwanted files (e.g. the manifest) are installed. I
will try to look into this the coming days.
2) IMO The Apache Celix binary, library and util library should be
renamed. The names are now bin/launcher, lib/ and
lib/  I think these names are to generic and will bring
confusing. Any thoughts ?

View raw message