From Pepijn Noltes <>
Subject Re: Celix 0.0.1 release and Native-OSGI
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 06:12:20 GMT
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Alexander Broekhuis
<> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Some update on the progress towards a first release
> * API code style
> No extensive work has been done on this one. I think we should consider to
> not do this for the first release. Or perhaps for only the framework
> itself. What do you guys think?

I agree with this.

>> * Remote Import/ExportService header and disable the resolver
>>   Currently the resolver isn't needed at all, but is still "semi"-used.
>> This can be disabled (for now at least).
> Not yet done.
>> * Make build more modular
>>   As discussed on [1].
> This is partially done, at least for a first release this is enough I guess.

I also agree that this is not needed for a first release.

>> * Small updates to CMake files
>>   Currently several libraries are used directly, ie not via a
>> Find{LibName}. For these libraries a Find{LibName} module has to be written.
>>   Libraries that I know of; OpenSLP and Jansson
> Still should be done. With the better build system, and the information now
> on the website, it is much clearer what subprojects have what dependencies.
> Fixing the Find modules is needed to get thinks working correctly.
> Especially if some library is missing.
> Do any of you see other blocking items for a first release? If not, this is
> a fairly limited list of items we need to do. Some help with this would be
> really great!

I'm willing to take up the Find libraries work. I'm still not very
experienced with CMake so this gives me a excuse
to remedy that ;)

I will post an update if have some work done.

View raw message