From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: [Native-OSGi] Usage of arrays vs collections
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 18:48:10 GMT
> I agree with Pepijn here that imposing a (very small) set of utility
> functions/structs on the API is acceptable. I would personally always
> favour ease of use (concerning the API) over strictly sticking to "pure C".
> If there exists a small C library which we could embed or from which we
> could extract relevant structures for the API, then go for it.

Celix already has several collections/lists in a utils library. For now I
will use those. I will also check the library suggested by Rhys, I've
already seen it has no (Hash)Maps, and we definitely need that one.

> Even for the C++ API, there are some places where I would like to
> introduce custom data structures to make the life of the API user easier
> and/or more type-safe.

Could you check out the "utils" library of Celix and how these can be used
from C++? Maybe they provide the support that is needed.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis