From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Celix 0.0.1 release and Native-OSGI
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 08:47:33 GMT
Hi all,

We would like to work towards a first release for Celix, and would like to
know what everyone thinks that has to be in there.

Please note, this is a 0.0.1 release, so take this into account when
considering items to be in there.

Some items I think that have to be fixed:
* API code style
  Currently the code doesn't follow the API style all over the place.
Personally I think this has to be fixed for the framework at least.
* Remote Import/ExportService header and disable the resolver
  Currently the resolver isn't needed at all, but is still "semi"-used.
This can be disabled (for now at least).
* Make build more modular
  As discussed on [1].
* Small updates to CMake files
  Currently several libraries are used directly, ie not via a
Find{LibName}. For these libraries a Find{LibName} module has to be written.
  Libraries that I know of; OpenSLP and Jansson

One last thing; we have started working on the NativeOSGi project, and one
of the goals is, is to let Celix use this API and be a reference
implementation. While I think this will be a great step forward for Celix,
I also think the work needed to get this done is quite a lot. As such I
would like to make a 0.0.1 release without following the NativeOSGi work.

A next release definitely will follow it, but having a first release is
really needed after  1.5 years.

What do you all think and what is missing for a 0.0.1 release?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis