From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Invitation: C++ support and joining forces
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 11:04:57 GMT
Hi everyone,

Over the past few months the Incubation status and progress towards
graduation has been discussed quite a lot. On of the important aspects is
attracting more community members. To this end we (the current committers
and ppmc) think it is a good idea to see if it is possible to add support
for C++ to Celix, without loosing the current C support.

In previous mail threads a community member (Sascha Zelzer) has pointed us
to several existing C++ OSGi like solutions [1][2]. Sascha is the main
developer of one of these [3], and has indicated in interest in
collaboration on a shared specification, where applicable.

To this end we planned a meeting to identify common goals and see how we
can attract more community members. To this end the other mentioned
projects will also be contacted and invited for this meeting.

We would like to invite anyone who is interested in joining this
discussion, and potentially also is interested in designing and
implementing the solution. This discussion will take place in the Hengelo,
Netherlands at Thales [3].
It is required for people to sign-up for this meeting, so I can register
everyone at Thales. So if you wish to attend please send a reply to this
email, and I will send the needed details.

The agenda for this day:
- Introduction
  Discuss the goal of the day
- Participating projects
  Short presentation, per project, to introduce the frameworks
- Why a C/C++ OSGi framework
  Why write a C/C++ framework?
  What are the benefits, for users and developers?
  Who are potential users?
- Identify common goals
  What can we participate on? API, Bundle format, etc.
- Specification draft
  Document the common goals
  How to standardize these goals?

If anyone thinks the agenda is missing something, feel free to propose

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis