From Pepijn Noltes <>
Subject Re: Board report
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 07:48:48 GMT
Hi All,

> We have also been working on a graduation plan which is included below.
> Most important issues are:
> * Improve robustness (APR, error handling etc), resulting in a first release
> * Generate awareness and grow a community!

IMO getting a first release of Celix should be the highest priority,
because getting a release will give us a better change at new users
which should eventually lead to more committers.
Is there already a list with Celix JIRA issues that should be solved
for the first release ?

I would also like to see a Remote Services implementation mentioned in
the graduation plan. As already mentioned in [1] combining Java OSGi
and Celix could play an important role in the popularity of Celix. IMO
we should focus on a simple - although robust and with a good
performance - implementation of Remote Services in Celix and Felix.
This way we can ensure that we develop a remote services
implementation that creates a good and easy to use alternative for

Pepijn Noltes

View raw message