From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 07:02:02 GMT
Hi Celix folks,

A little late (due to vacations), but hereby a draft of the report for
January. Feel free to comment if anything is missing or incorrect.

The most important issue is the slow grow of the Celix community. I will
start a separate thread on this later today, lots of discussion is going on
on te incubator mailing about "slow/small" poddlings, and Celix is one of
these. We need a plan with some actions describing how we can move towards
graduation. Any ideas are welcome!

Later today I will publish this report to the wiki.

Celix is an implementation of the OSGi Specification in C.

Celix entered incubation on November 2, 2010.

Over the last few months lots of work has been put into integrating APR and
updating the Celix code base to the proposed code style. This code style
has partially been documented on [1]. Also some effort has been put into
updating the source for Visual Studio, even though not yet finished some
interesting and helpful patches where submitted and applied.

In Oktober an event was held to create more awareness for services, OSGi
and Celix in the Dutch embedded community. The attendance was great, and a
follow-up will be planned. Also, in November a talk was given at the

Most important issues are:

    Improve robustness (APR, error handling etc), resulting in a first
    Generate awareness and grow a community!

Signed off by mentor:

2012/1/9 Marvin <>

> Dear podling,
> Incubator PMC.
> It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your
> quarterly
> board report.
> The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 18 January 2012, 10:00:00 PST. The
> report
> for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The
> Incubator PMC
> requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks before the board meeting, to
> allow
> sufficient time for review and submission (Wed, Jan 4th).
> Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC,
> and
> should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board meeting.
> Thanks,
> The Apache Incubator PMC
> Submitting your Report
> ----------------------
>  * Your project name
>  * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the
> project
>   or necessarily of its field
>  * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
>   graduation.
>  * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
> aware of
>  * How has the community developed since the last report
>  * How has the project developed since the last report.
> Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this
> page is
>      created from a template.
> Mentors
> -------
> project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator
> PMC.
> Incubator PMC

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis