From Marcel Offermans <>
Subject Re: Poddling status
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:13:32 GMT
On Jan 13, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Pepijn Noltes wrote:

>> - Thales is going to use Celix in a research project and is actively
>> developing Celix and with Celix. Part of their development is an
>> implementation of the Device Access Specification, which will be donated to
>> Celix. I think this is great news!

Great news indeed, the device access specification is a great abstraction to detect devices
and load a whole stack of drivers for them. Because (low level) device drivers are often written
in C/C++ anyway, I think this would be a great addition to Celix.

If you need any help, procedure wise, in making this donation, let me know. We will need a
Software Grant for example.

>> Pepijn: Are you willing to maintain the Device Access implementation if it
>> is donated to Celix?
> Yes, I am willing to maintain the Device Access implementation.

Good news again. Pepijn, were you involved in writing that implementation as well?

Greetings, Marcel