From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for October 2011 (
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 05:55:04 GMT
Hi all,

Hereby a draft of the board report, if anyone is missing something, or would
like to add anything, please raise your voice. I'd like to add te report to
the incubator wiki this evening.

Celix is an implementation of the OSGi Specification in C.

Celix entered incubation on November 2, 2010.

In the code not much has changed during the past few months, mostly due to
vacations. Some (reported) bugs have been fixed, and some interesting
examples have been added. These example where donated by a user, and follow
the OSGi in Action book. This makes them a great addition to Celix.
Furthermore, some work has been done to make testing from CMake easier, and
we are also looking into a method for mocking services to be able to test
only one service without all its dependencies.

On the community site, Luminis and Thales are organizing an event (in Dutch)
to introduce embedded/distributed companies to OSGi. During this event OSGi
will be explained, Celix and PojoSR will be introduced. Also a small
introduction in Apache and the "Apache Way" will be given, with the goal to
invite people to use/join Celix.
Also, in november a talk and demo will be given at the ApacheCon.

Most important issues are:

    Improve robustness (APR, error handling etc)
    Generate awareness and grow a community!

Signed off by mentor:

Ps: Is it ok to mention companies in the board report?
PPs: Anyone interesting in the event can take a look at (please note, the site is in Dutch)

2011/10/10 Marcel Offermans <>

> On Oct 1, 2011, at 4:00 PM, <> wrote:
> > This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
> Incubator PMC.
> > It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your
> quarterly
> > board report.
> Sorry guys, this mail was stuck in moderation until now. Somehow I forgot
> to confirm it.
> Greetings, Marcel

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis