From MULDER Frank Willem <>
Subject RE: some remarks and questions
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 06:55:26 GMT

	This information was very useful. Now I have another problem:

		The paint example in Celix uses Gtk as GUI package. I have several bundles that perform
GUI actions, however the GUI is initialized in the activation of one paint-frame bundle. The
activation of the paint-frame bundle should therefore be done before the other bundles are
activated because they also use Gtk facilities. Do you have  a suggestion how to organize

Thanks: Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Broekhuis []
Sent: Thursday, 08 September, 2011 17:16
Subject: Re: some remarks and questions

       I'm using the function bundle_getEntry(..) to read a resource file
> within the bundle. However I need to know the number of bytes read in
> the function. Is this lacking in the API, or can I find this
> information elsewhere?
Perhaps there is a misunderstanding about what this method does, the bundle_getEntry return
a path to the actual entry. Opening and reading the file is up to the user (you). The entry
pointer provides a regular (0
terminated) string with the location of the entry in the bundle cache.

So Celix doesn't read anything, and can't tell you the number of bytes read.

Does this answer your question?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).

Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under
number 06061578.

View raw message