From MULDER Frank Willem <>
Subject RE: some remarks and questions
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:00:27 GMT

	I'm using the function bundle_getEntry(..) to read a resource file within the bundle. However
I need to know the number of bytes read in the function. Is this lacking in the API, or can
I find this information elsewhere?

Thanks: Frank Mulder

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Offermans []
Sent: Tuesday, 30 August, 2011 23:57
Subject: Re: some remarks and questions

On 30 Aug 2011, at 21:08 , Alexander Broekhuis wrote:

>> -------  I must admit that I don't know the difference between
>> getEntry() and getResource().  I need to look further into these API's.
> Following the OSGi spec, getResource looks in the bundle classpath,
> while getEntry only looks in the bundle itself. The difference being
> that with getResource one could end up with a resource from a
> different bundle (as it might be imported by the current bundle).
> Since Celix doesn't have a concept like bundle classpath, it is save
> to assume you have to use getEntry. Missing is the "getEntryPaths"
> function to get a list of entries.

You could also say that the bundle classpath in Celix is "everything in the current bundle"
which would make both methods equal (and perhaps it does not make too much sense implementing

Greetings, Marcel

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).

Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under
number 06061578.

View raw message