From MULDER Frank Willem <>
Subject pointer parameters
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:03:10 GMT

                I have been using some functions, from the celix API, that return pointers.

                                SERVICE_REFERENCE ref = NULL;
                                celix_status_t status = bundleContext_getServiceReferences(...,

                Currently it is needed that the content of the ref pointer is NULL, otherwise
the function gives an illegal argument status.

                I wonder whether the function should not return the ref pointer, regardless
whether it is set to NULL. In that case it overwrites the actual value of the pointer. Maybe
this is more like expected behaviour.

Gr. Frank

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).

Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under
number 06061578.