From Andrew <>
Subject Re: too many open files
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 01:50:18 GMT
Yes, that was the problem—I actually knew better, but had briefly overlooked this that when
I was doing some refactoring.  I am not the OP (although he himself realized his mistake).

if you follow the thread, I was explaining that the Datastax Java driver allowed me to basically
open a significantly large number of connections until the Cassandra server ran out of connections.
 Tyler was asking for a repro case and requesting that I file a possible bug, if this was
something that SHOULD have been caught on the client side (via the max connections client