From Andrew <redmu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: too many open files
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 17:58:41 GMT
I just had a generator that (in the incorrect way) had a cluster as a member variable, and
would call .connect() repeatedly.  I _thought_, incorrectly, that the Session was thread
unsafe, and so I should request a separate Session each time—obviously wrong in hind sight.

There was no special logic; I had a restriction of about 128 connections per host, but the
connections were in the 100s of thousands, like the OP mentioned.  Again, I’ll see about
reproducing it on Monday, but just wanted the repro steps (overall) to live somewhere in case
I can’t. :)

Andrew