From Subodh Nijsure <>
Subject Unable to connect to cassandra server on EC2?
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 12:04:33 GMT

I have setup a new EC2 instance to run cassandra on EC2, have gone
through bunch of questions that don't seem to help. I am running

I have opened port 9160, 9042 on my EC2 instance say its IP address is

Since this is single node system I haven't opened other ports as pointed in

When I try to connect to this host using the python driver with
cluster config like this:

cluster = Cluster(contact_points=['',], port=9160)

I am getting error:

 File "", line 1649, in _reconnect_internal
    raise NoHostAvailable("Unable to connect to any servers", errors)
cassandra.cluster.NoHostAvailable: ('Unable to connect to any
servers', {'': error(111, 'Connection refused')})

Any ideas on what incantation I need to have in cassandra.yml file to
allow external clients to connect cassandra instance running on EC2 ?

View raw message