From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Read timeouts with ALLOW FILTERING turned on
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 17:54:05 GMT
On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Clint Kelly <clint.kelly@gmail.com> wrote:

> Allow me to rephrase a question I asked last week.  I am performing some
> queries with ALLOW FILTERING and getting consistent read timeouts like the
> following:

ALLOW FILTERING should be renamed PROBABLY TIMEOUT in order to properly
describe its typical performance.

As a general statement, if you have to ALLOW FILTERING, you are probably
Doing It Wrong in terms of schema design.

A correctly operated cluster is unlikely to need to increase the default
timeouts. If you find yourself "needing" to do so, you are, again, probably
Doing It Wrong.

=Rob