From Rene Kochen <rene.koc...@schange.com>
Subject Make an existing cluster multi data-center compatible.
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 10:52:21 GMT
Hi all,

I want to add a data-center to an existing single data-center cluster.
First I have to make the existing cluster multi data-center compatible.

The existing cluster is a 12 node cluster with:
- Replication factor = 3
- Placement strategy = SimpleStrategy
- Endpoint snitch = SimpleSnitch

If I change the following:
- Placement strategy = NetworkTopologyStrategy
- Endpoint snitch = PropertyFileSnitch -> all 12 nodes in this file belong
to the same data-center and rack.

Do I have to run full repairs after this change? Because the yaml file
states: IF YOU CHANGE THE SNITCH AFTER DATA IS INSERTED INTO THE CLUSTER,
YOU MUST RUN A FULL REPAIR, SINCE THE SNITCH AFFECTS WHERE REPLICAS ARE
PLACED.

Thanks!

Rene