From "Lu, Boying" <Boying...@emc.com>
Subject RE: A question about using 'update keyspace with strategyoptions' command
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 14:06:37 GMT
Thanks a lot.

So the ‘strategy’ change may not be seen by all nodes when the ‘upgrade keyspace …’
command returns and I can use ’describe cluster’ to check if
the change has taken effect on all nodes right?

From: Rahul Neelakantan [mailto:rahul@rahul.be]
Sent: 2014年8月5日 18:46
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: A question about using 'update keyspace with strategyoptions' command

Try running "describe cluster" from Cassandra-CLI to see if all nodes have the same schema
version.
Rahul Neelakantan

On Aug 5, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com<mailto:sylvain@datastax.com>>
wrote:
On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Lu, Boying <Boying.Lu@emc.com<mailto:Boying.Lu@emc.com>>
wrote:
What I want to know is “are the strategy changed ?’ after the ‘udpate keyspace with
strategy_options…’ command returns successfully

Like all schema changes, not necessarily on all nodes. You will have to check for schema agreement
between nodes.

Not the data change.

e.g. say I run the command ‘update keyspace with strategy_opitons [dc1: 3, dc2:3]’ , when
this command returns,
are the strategy options already changed? Or I need to wait some time for the strategy to
be changed?