From "Lu, Boying" <Boying...@emc.com>
Subject RE: A question about using 'update keyspace with strategyoptions' command
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 08:52:26 GMT
Thanks. yes. I can use the ‘show keyspace’ command to check and see the strategy does changed.

But what I want to know is if the ‘update keyspace with strategy_options …’ command
is
a ‘sync’ operation or a ‘async’ operation.

From: Rahul Menon [mailto:rahul@apigee.com]
Sent: 2014年8月5日 16:38
To: user
Subject: Re: A question about using 'update keyspace with strategyoptions' command

Try the show keyspaces command and look for "Options" under each keyspace.

Thanks
Rahul

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Lu, Boying <Boying.Lu@emc.com<mailto:Boying.Lu@emc.com>>
wrote:
Hi, All,

I want to run ‘update keyspace with strategy_options={dc1:3, dc2:3}’ from cassandra-cli
to update the strategy options of some keyspace
in a multi-DC environment.

When the command returns successfully, does it mean that the strategy options have been updated
successfully or I need to wait
some time for the change to be propagated  to all DCs?

Thanks

Boying