From Rahul Neelakantan <ra...@rahul.be>
Subject Re: A question about using 'update keyspace with strategyoptions' command
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 10:46:24 GMT
Try running "describe cluster" from Cassandra-CLI to see if all nodes have the same schema
version.

Rahul Neelakantan

> On Aug 5, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Lu, Boying <Boying.Lu@emc.com> wrote:
>> What I want to know is “are the strategy changed ?’ after the ‘udpate keyspace
with strategy_options…’ command returns successfully

> Like all schema changes, not necessarily on all nodes. You will have to check for schema
agreement between nodes.

>> Not the data change.
>>

>> e.g. say I run the command ‘update keyspace with strategy_opitons [dc1: 3, dc2:3]’
, when this command returns,

>> are the strategy options already changed? Or I need to wait some time for the strategy
to be changed?

perform any data replication by itself. You need to run a repair to ensure data is replicated
following the new replication.

>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Lu, Boying <Boying.Lu@emc.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. yes. I can use the ‘show keyspace’ command to check and see the strategy
does changed.

>> But what I want to know is if the ‘update keyspace with strategy_options …’
command is

>> a ‘sync’ operation or a ‘async’ operation.

to update the strategy options of some keyspace

>> in a multi-DC environment.
>>

>> When the command returns successfully, does it mean that the strategy options have
been updated successfully or I need to wait