From mike <maomao...@gmail.com>
Subject data type is object when metric instrument using Gauge?
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2014 13:30:17 GMT
Dear All

   We are trying to monitor Cassandra using JMX. The monitoring tool we
are using works fine for meters, However, if the metrcis are collected
using gauge, the data type is object, then, our tool treat it as a
string instead of a double. for example

org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=Cache,scope=KeyCache,name=Capacity

The Type of Attribute (Value) is java.lang.Object

is it possible to implement the datatype of gauge as numeric types
instead of object, or other way around for example using metric
reporter...etc?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion!

Best Regard!
       Mike