From Brian Tarbox <tar...@cabotresearch.com>
Subject nodetool repair saying "starting" and then nothing, and nothing in any of the server logs either
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:24:44 GMT
I have a six node cluster in AWS (repl:3) and recently noticed that repair
was hanging.  I've run with the "-pr" switch.

I see this output in the nodetool command line (and also in that node's
system.log):
 Starting repair command #9, repairing 256 ranges for keyspace dev_a

but then no other output.  And I see nothing in any of the other node's log
files.

Right now the application using C* is turned off so there is zero activity.
I've let it be in this state for up to 24 hours with nothing more logged.

Any suggestions?