From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: nodetool repair saying "starting" and then nothing, and nothing in any of the server logs either
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 18:57:59 GMT
On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Brian Tarbox <tarbox@cabotresearch.com>
wrote:

> Given that an upgrade is (for various internal reasons) not an option at
> this point...is there anything I can do to get repair working again?  I'll
> also mention that I see this behavior from all nodes.

I think maybe increasing your phi tolerance for streaming timeouts might
help.

But basically, no. Repair has historically been quite broken in AWS. It was
re-written in 2.0 along with the rest of streaming, and hopefully will soon
stabilize and actually work.

For what purpose are you running repair?

=Rob