From Clint Kelly <clint.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting up DSE 4.5 for mixed workload with BYOH
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 00:50:01 GMT
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum for a question like this.

I am going to set up a mixed-workload (real-time and analytics)
installation of DSE 4.5 using bring-your-own Hadoop (BYOH).  We are
using CDH 5.0.

I was reviewing the installation instructions, and I came across the
following comment here:
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/datastax_enterprise/4.5/datastax_enterprise/byoh/byohInstall.html

"6. Observe workload isolation best practices. Do not enable vnodes."

Does this mean that the use of vnodes is not compatible with a
mixed-workload installation?  Or with BYOH?  I am confused why this
would be the case.

If anyone can clarify, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,
Clint