From Mark Reddy <mark.re...@boxever.com>
Subject Re: Disable vnode
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:49:27 GMT
Hi Rameez,

I have never done a migration from vnodes to non-vnodes however I would
imagine that the procedure would be the same as its counterpart. As always
testing in dev should be done first.

To move from vnodes to non-vodes I would add a new datacenter to the
cluster with vnodes disabled and rebuild from your vnode cluster.

You can find some more details about adding a data center to your cluster
here:
http://datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_add_dc_to_cluster_t.html?scroll=task_ds_hmp_54q_gk__task_ds_hmp_54q_gk_unique_1

Mark