From Oleg Dulin <>
Subject ANNOUNCEMENT: cassandra-aws project
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 14:57:22 GMT

I'd like to announce a pet project I started:

What I would like to accomplish as an end-goal is an Amazon marketplace
AMI that makes it easy to configure a new Cassandra cluster or add new
nodes to an existing Cassandra cluster, w/o having to jump through
hoops. Ideally I'd like to do for Cassandra what RDS does for
PostgreSQL in AWS, for instance, but I am not sure if ultimately it is

To get started, I shared some notes in the wiki as well as a couple of
scripts I used to simplify things for myself. I put those scripts
together from input I received on the #cassandra IRC channel and this
mailing list and I am very greatful to the community for helping me
through this -- so this is my contribution back.

Consider this email as a solicitation for help. I am open to
discussions, and contributions, and suggestions, anything you can help

View raw message