From Idrén, Johan <Johan.Id...@dice.se>
Subject Re: VPC AWS
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 12:48:26 GMT
Using 2.0.x, we hit https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2380 when deploying in
a VPC.
We worked around this by adding a hostname in /etc/hosts.

Apart from that, nothing specific. We use only internal ip's, no public ip's and no broadcast
etc. It works very well.

/Johan

From: Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com<mailto:arodrime@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday 5 June 2014 14:12
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: VPC AWS

Hi guys,

We are going to move from a cluster made of simple Amazon EC2 servers to a VPC cluster. We
are using Cassandra 1.2.11 and I have some questions regarding this switch and the Cassandra
configuration inside a VPC.

Actually I found no documentation on this topic, but I am quite sure that some people are
already using VPC. If you can point me to any documentation regarding VPC / Cassandra, it
would be very nice of you. We have only one DC for now, but we need to remain multi DC compatible,
since we will add DC very soon.

Else, I would like to know if I should keep using EC2MultiRegionSnitch or change the snitch
to anything else.

What about broadcast/listen ip, seeds...?

We currently use public ip as for broadcast address and for seeds. We use private ones for
listen address. Machines inside the VPC will only have private IP AFAIK. Should I keep using
a broadcast address ?

Is there any other incidence when switching to a VPC ?

Sorry if the topic was already discussed, I was unable to find any useful information...