From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nectar client - New Cassandra Client for .Net
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 13:41:49 GMT
I've studied DataStax .Net driver and it doesn't satisfy all of my needs. I
wish it met 50% of my needs, but it doesn't. In theory, Nectar could use
the DataStax .Net driver for native protocol, but I'd have to do a lot more
work to make it fit with Hector's API. Some use cases can stick with CQL
for 100%, but not the kinds of use cases I have.

The modeler we built for Cassandra takes advantage of types, generics, Solr
and tries to make it more friendly. We provide a JPA like interface for
running queries and behind the scene the framework executes the queries
against solr and cassandra. I know with DSE you can do a similar thing, but
the developer has to build multiple queries themselves and tell cassandra
to query solr. We take a model driven approach, so our schema modeler knows
how to take advantage of the framework to run queries with "like" clauses.
To the developer it's 1 query, not n queries.

hopefully DataStax will accept my talk for september and we can show the
stuff we built.