From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject restarting node makes cpu load of the entire cluster to raise
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:39:12 GMT
Hi guys

Using 1.2.11, when I try to rolling restart the cluster, any node I restart
makes the whole cluster cpu load to increase, reaching a "red" state in
opscenter (load from 3-4 to 20+). This happens once the node is back online.

The restarted node uses 100 % cpu for 5 - 10 min and sometimes drop
mutations.

I have tried to throttle handoff to 256 (instead of 1024), yet it doesn't
seems to help that much.

Disks are not the bottleneck. PARNEW GC increase a bit, but nothing
problematic I think.

Basically, what could be happening on node restart ? What is taking that
much CPU on every machine ? There is no steal or iowait.

What can I try to tune ?