From "Camacho, Maria (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <maria.cama...@nsn.com>
Subject RE: Backup Cassandra to
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 11:12:18 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for the quick response Romain.

We would like to avoid using extra disk space, so no DAS/SAN.
We are more interested in achieving something like what is now being done with Oracle - Symantec's
NetBackup is used to backup directly to tape, no intermediate storage is needed.

It could be NetBackup or whatever product supported by Cassandra that writes the backup on
tape without storing it on disk first.

Regards,
Maria

From: ext Romain HARDOUIN [mailto:romain.hardouin@urssaf.fr]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:32 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: RE: Backup Cassandra to

Hi Maria,

It depends which backup software and hardware you plan to use. Do you store your data on DAS
or SAN?
Some hints regarding Cassandra is either to drain the node to backup or take a Cassandra snapshot
and then to backup this snapshot.
We backup our data on tape but we also store our data on SAN, so it's pretty vendor specific.

Best,

Romain