From Idrén, Johan <Johan.Id...@dice.se>
Subject RE: memtable mem usage off by 10?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 11:04:01 GMT
Aha, ok. Thanks.

Trying to understand what my cluster is doing:

cassandra.db.memtable_data_size only gets me the actual data but not the memtable heap memory
usage. Is there a way to check for heap memory usage?

I would expect to hit the flush_largest_memtables_at value, and this would be what causes
the memtable flush to sstable then? By default 0.75?

Then I would expect the amount of memory to be used to be maximum ~3x of what I was seeing
when I hadn't set memtable_total_space_in_mb (1/4 by default, max 3/4 before a flush), instead
of close to 10x (250mb vs 2gb).

This is of course assuming that the overhead scales linearly with the amount of data in my
table, we're using one table with three cells in this case. If it hardly increases at all,
then I'll give up I guess :)

At least until 2.1.0 comes out and I can compare.

BR

Johan