From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Increased Cassandra connection latency
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 07:33:13 GMT
You’ll need to provide some more information such as:

* Do you have monitoring on the cassandra cluster that shows the request latency ? Data Stax
OpsCentre is  good starting point.

* Is compaction keeping up ? Check with nodetool compactionstats

* Is the GCInspector logging about long running ParNew ? (it only logs when it’s longer
than 200ms)

Cheers
Aaron

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/05/2014, at 10:35 pm, Alexey Sverdelov <alexey.sverdelov@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed increased latency on our tomcat REST-service (average 30ms, max > 2sec).
We are using Cassandra 1.2.16 with official DataStax Java driver v1.0.3.